Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Picking Up Our Story...

When we last left off in August, dad and I were starting a three sided shed to store building materials. We had gotten the uprights in place and poured the footings, but I had not yet downloaded the pics before the folks took the camera with them to Texas.

Here you can see that we had begun nailing the siding supports and roofing beams in place.

The siding supports and roof beams are all in place. The ends were then sawed off so that the siding would be more or less flush.

If you look closely, you can see the siding we used. But first, we had to extract it from the overgrowth and clean it off.

There were years of mud and dirt caked on most sheets of the siding, but it was in excellent condition considering how many years it had been buried. In the background, you can see my grandfather, who helped dad and I extract the sheets.

Now we are faced with several weeks of work which were not documented photographically, as the camera stayed with my mom in Texas. So I'm afraid that the next pics jump to the finished product taken at the end of October.

The finished shed from the north east. Yes, the side panels do not meet up exactly, but we are getting better. At this point, I had already begun filling the building and stacking materials that wouldn't fit inside along the exterior walls. Sadly, that was the third time I had to move that stack of bricks.

And the view of the open side. When I started moving material into the shed, I didn't think the fencing would take up so much room, but it ended up taking about half the interior space. The fence posts thankfully took up much less room.

This project was important as it freed up the necessary room for another autumn project that you will see in a post before long. Until then, stay green!

No comments:

Post a Comment