Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Year

It has been quite some time since the last update, nearly five months. As many of you are probably aware of, my brother was severely injured in an accident at the end of August last year. He remained in a coma for about six weeks before being moved into a rehabilitation center. After a few weeks there, he progressed to a residential rehabilitation clinic for long term care. His progress has been remarkable, but he still has a long way to go. I have been down to Texas several times over the last five months to visit him while taking the final classes I needed for my teaching certification. Classes are finally over, but now I have begun student teaching, which will consume even more of my time.

However, despite all the turmoil since summer, we have managed to get a few projects completed on the "farm" that were either already in progress or needed doing before winter set in. Not everything was accomplished as we simply ran out of time, but I will add a few posts as to what we actually did. Happy new year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment