Monday, August 9, 2010

Look at the size of those melons!

My posts seem to be getting longer and longer with more and more photos. While it's neat to look at photos, it's getting to be a bit extreme. I'm going to try to pare down my posts to just one topic with a few photos rather than try to give a play by play account of every day. It'll be easier for me, require less bandwith and photo loading time for you, and won't bore you with a wall of text.

So, today mom and I weeded the garden, or at least as much as we could in 100+ degree heat. We concentrated especially on the watermelon and cantaloupe vines to see if anything was actually growing under all those weeds. There was! Tiny little watermelons and cantaloupes were scattered about the vines. A few more weeks and we'll have a fridge full of melon goodness! Stay green!

It might be tiny now, but in a few weeks it'll be huge!


No comments:

Post a Comment